- Held at the Enfield Community Centre, 540 Regency Road, Enfield 5085.
- Meetings held on 1st Thursday of each month excluding January. Meeting starts at 8:00pm.
- Beginner’s Group commencing at 7:15pm in the hall.
- Plants benching from 7:00pm closing at 7:45pm for judging in meeting room 2.
A trading table is available at club meetings and shows for sale or purchase of plants; as well as potting aids such as pots, stakes, fertilizer, sterilizer, plant labels etc. See Trading Table Convener for information.
Raffle table inside main door.
Good quality plants and other goodies raffled every month.
Excellent speakers are provided at each meeting.
Plant commentary given by selected judges and prizes given to the winners of each Division.
Tea and biscuits provided after the meeting.
- Held at the Enfield Community Centre on the 2nd Friday of each month excluding January from 2:00pm to 4:00pm.
- Plant raffle.
- Plants are benched for commentary but are not judged.
This is treated as a fun day with door prizes provided and often ‘goodies’ are added to the prizes by the members. Quality speakers are provided with interaction with those present.
Commentary on the plants is provided by club judges with emphasis on culture. A ‘Cuppa’ and biscuits follow with a friendly chat after the meeting.
SOCIALIZING WITH SARCS
This is a social meeting for members and friends where the theme is the Australian Native orchid Sarcochilus. It is a sit-down two course dinner (BYO drinks).
It is held usually late October or early November to cater for those Sarcochilus plants that are in flower at this time of the year. In S.A. because of prevailing weather conditions there are not many of these plants benched at Shows so a separate night has been put on the club calendar.
A prize is presented for the BEST plant benched as selected by the panel of judges. A prize is also presented for a popular vote conducted by the members and guests present.
There is a raffle conducted on the night offering excellent prizes of plants and wines etc.
A quality speaker, usually from interstate is the guest speaker for the night talking on the growing and culture of these wonderful plants.
Keep this night in mind – it’s a great social outing.